Thought Catelog’s thoughts on directors…pretty damn accurate
1. We don’t want auditions to be scary or stressful — we are rooting for every actor that comes through the door. Tough casting decisions really are one of the best problems to have.
2. “Bad dress rehearsal, good opening night” is a superstition because we desperately want to believe it. Bad dress rehearsals are actually pretty terrifying.
3. When our friends audition for our shows, we’re excited and scared at the same time because we would love to cast them but know we may not be able to.
4. Speaking of casting, it’s usually about being ‘right’ for a role more than anything else, which, yes, is entirely subjective. There’s so much about casting that is out of the actor’s control. This is helpful to know when you’re both a director and actor.
5. When something goes wrong during a performance, muttering to ourselves will magically make the problem disappear…
View original post 185 more words